BMT Micro Live Twitter Q&A Summary
Thank you to all who participated in our live Twitter Q&A today! As promised, here is the blog post summarizing all the questions asked and the answers.
1. Are there any fees to use your service? There are absolutely no setup fees or hidden charges for our service
2. When can I start accepting payments? After signing-up, the review is almost instant & you can start selling in a day or less
3. What payments can I accept? 10 different credit card types, PayPal, Amazon Payments, BitPay, Money Orders/Cashier Checks, Visa/ MC Debit, paysafecard, or wire transfer
4. Will I be charged for no sales? We charge a % of the commission for each sale so if you never sell anything you do not owe anything
5. When will I get paid for my sales? Payments are made on the 1st of each month for the previous month’s transactions. There is a 30 days hold on your first payment only.
6. If I live in another country will you have trouble paying me? We have developers worldwide. International payments are available via PayPal, Payoneer pre-paid Mastercard and wire transfer.
7. Will I need a merchant account or payment gateway? You do not need any other companies to use our services. All orders are placed through our merchant account using our payment gateway.
8. Will you supply a key generator for my product? We can integrate our system with your key generator or we can contact your key generator remotely via XML. We are integrated with a number of commercial key generators.
9. Are your shopping carts secure? All BMT Micro servers are fully secured & host all shopping carts using EV SSL. There is no need to worry about the expense of a secure certificate with us!
10. Can I test my shopping cart? Yes, a test button is available in our secure vendors area. You can test products at any time.
11. Are you PCI compliant? Yes. We maintain PCI compliance and are scanned quarterly for both PCI compliance and network security.
12. Do you offer fraud protection? Yes. Our state-of-the-art fraud detection system automatically screens order and puts questionable ones through a manual approval process.
13. What customer support do you offer? Our customer service team handles all questions related to the payment and ordering process
14. What about technical support? For technical support, customers are referred to the developer of the software or product
15. Will my contact information be available to customers? Your customers are not given your contact information, only a support email or URL address.
16. Do you handle VAT? Yes. BMT Micro calculates the VAT based on the customers country and uses the appropriate percentage for their country.
17. So are you responsible for all tax assessments? Yes, all sales are processed by us and through out merchant accounts. This makes us the seller to the customer and the ones responsible for all tax assessments.
Thank you again to all who participated. These are important questions you should ask when searching for a payment solution. BMT Micro handles orders for a multitude of developers worldwide. We are proud to partner with you and to be your choice of payment processor. If you are interested in learning more or have additional questions please feel free to contact our vendor services by email at email@example.com.